Sunday, January 20, 2013

Tenth day in the classroom

On Thursday, Jan 17th I went to Mrs. Almonds classroom at 1:30, they were working on an art project when I got there.  Mrs. Almond had one more student to test so she asked me to stay with the kids during their indoor recess and then to get them started in science.  Indoor recess was the same as always.  The kids play games and goof off, sometimes they get a little too active for indoor recess and I have to help them find something to do.  Some of them like to play with Bubber which is like play dough that never dries out.  It is really fun, I need to remember about Bubber for my classroom someday.

At 2:00 I had the students clean up and then log the weather in their weather journals.  I have decided that I like smart boards, but they are a little unpredictable.  It seems like so many of the teachers have issues with them?

For science Mrs. Almond put a movie in and all I had to do was push play.  We had some technical difficulties with the smart board of course.  But eventually I got it started  and the kids took notes.  Mrs. Almond came in right before it was over and I headed to Mrs. Greenfields at 2:30.

In Mrs. Greenfield's class the students were working on phonics when I came in and then they did their scholastic books reading.  They have a great program online that Mrs. Greenfield pays for.  Each student gets a little scholastic pamphlet each week and it has some online games and reading.  The whole class reads them together and the students get so excited every time she pulls it out.  Another thing I need to remember for some day down the road.

To end the day Mrs. Greenfield passed out folders and take home work.  Then the students sat on the rug and she read to them until 3:30.

Teachers deserve so much more praise than they get.  They put in so much time and energy to be amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment